Saturday, August 6, 2011

Give planting fall beets a try..........

Now I have a new challenge.............  how do I answer a question posed on my blog comment box?  I've tried a few different things and nothing worked so will answer with ....... another short blog.
Can anyone out there in "blog land" tell my how to respond?
This is for you Kate....... or anyone else who might be thinking of planting fall garden crops.  Beets prefer cool weather but we haven't had much of that in the middle of Kansas this summer.  If the forcast is right on for next week and it cools off, this would be a great time to start some beets from seed.  You will have to keep the area fairly moist until it stays cool at night.  The moisture will keep the area around the tiny seedlings cooler.  If you still have your rabbit, you may have to invest in a garden fence to keep him out and your beets growing!  (By the way, your roasted beets sound very good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment